Modeling & Simulation Engineer - ACL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aerospace, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Systems, Countermeasures, Data Analytics/Science, Electronic Warfare, System Architecture, System Engineering, Threat Systems, ISR & Tactical Systems, Military Vehicles, Modeling/Simulation, Radar, RF, Signal Processing
This is a position of high trust by both GTRI and the US National Security community. The Signals and Systems Division (SASD) within the Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL) of GTRI develops and delivers physics-based models and performs complex math/physics based analysis of highly sensitive electronic warfare and sensor capabilities. The division maintains subject matter expertise in the areas of electronic warfare, systems engineering, threat analysis, modeling and simulation, and intelligence support to acquisition. SASD core competencies are waveform development, signal processing, advanced computing, modeling and simulation in support of effects evaluation, and advanced mathematics. This position requires exemplary professional and personal conduct and adherence to stringent standards and security regulations well beyond that required by the average GTRI employee.
While this is a position for a junior engineer, strong organizational skills are required. The Signals and Systems Division provides sponsors and GTRI leadership with expert knowledge of operational systems, threat systems and the technical requirements for future systems. Applicants must have the ability to obtain a clearance with preference given to candidates already holding a clearance.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related fields.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related fields and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related fields and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related fields.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Strong programming skills
- Capable of maintaining existing models while assisting to develop new models.
- Strong knowledge of high fidelity physics based models in addition to campaign level models.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume