DevOps Developer - SEAL
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Information Technology, Software Development/Design
The Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is seeking technical personnel to support the design, implementation and administration of multiple high-power servers that are configured with high speed networks and storage. DevOps position is to be aligned with the Software Engineering and Architecture Division (SEAD) to embrace the Agile Development Process, ensure a productive infrastructure, virtual machines and software development kit for the software developers and provide the continuous integration and testing environment.
The following is a sample of the tools and products that the SEAD DevOps is currently utilizing:
- Enterprise development and collaboration toolset from Atlassian (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Continuous integration system (Jenkins server, Jenkins Linux and Windows slaves)
- Configuration Management system (SaltStack, Puppet, Yum update server, Kickstart / PXE)
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidate must have a graduation date of no later than August, 2019
- Candidate must be comfortable writing scripts and/or coding within a defined software development group environment and be responsive to the team needs and requirements
- Experience with RedHat Linux and/or Windows environments
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator and willing to brief work to outside organizations
- Familiar with the Atlassian tool set and its capabilities
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume