Object-Oriented Software Developer - ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Avionics, Embedded Systems, Software Development/Design, System Architecture, Testing
The successful candidate will perform as an engineer and software designer/developer for a mid-sized team of software engineers executing ongoing sponsored programs in the field of applications development. The candidate will enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced learning environment and be able to adapt to evolving technical challenges.
• Develop object-oriented software applications
• Develop software application architecture designs
• Participate in peer reviews of other developer's code
• Provide technical oversight of less-experienced team members
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist I
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist II
• A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
• A Master’s degree and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree,
• A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical field
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Experience with object-oriented software design, implementation concepts, and best practices
• Experience with unit-test code development, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Experience with software bug troubleshooting and corrections
• >3 years relevant experience in object-oriented software development
• Ability to provide constructive peer reviews of other team members' code from the object-oriented perspective
• Experience with improving application performance
• Experience with modern software development practices (e.g. Agile)
• Works well individually or in a group setting
• Ability to self-motivate and derive specific requirements from general tasking descriptions
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume