Junior Algorithm Engineer – Machine Learning - SEAL
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Artificial Intelligence, Electronic Warfare, Image Processing, ISR & Tactical Systems, Modeling/Simulation, Radar, Signal Processing
The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance division within Georgia Tech Research Institute’s Sensors & Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (GTRI-SEAL) is looking for a researcher with experience in machine learning and knowledge of signal processing. The candidate will contribute to projects that require integration of machine learning techniques with advanced signal processing, adaptive sensor technologies, advanced algorithms, and modeling/simulation. Applications include airborne radar, electronic warfare, and undersea systems.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidate must have a graduation date of no later than December, 2019
- Master’s degree in a related field, or intent to earn one in the near future
- Experience with machine learning techniques, algorithms, and related development environments
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a research environment where there are many unknowns and undiscovered paths (ambiguity etc.)
- Existing U.S. security clearance
- Experience with radar, electromagnetics, signal processing, acoustics, control theory, image processing, optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Programming in Matlab
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume