Research Support Operations Student Co-Op - Summer 2020 - ICL
Type: Students: Co-op
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Cybersecurity, Hardware Development/Design, Information Technology, Networking, Software Development/Design
GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment and rapidly improve your technical and leadership skills. The program allows you to alternate three semesters of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school.
Georgia Tech Research Institute's Information and Communications Laboratory (ICL) seeks highly motivated students to join our Research Support Operations Team and to assist with research project work throughout the lab. We are seeking co-op students or full-time interns looking for employment in the summer term (starting mid-May 2020). Students will work with experienced professionals in building, maintaining, and troubleshooting enterprise class computer systems, networks, and related infrastructure in a multi-tiered, distributed environment. Students will support and educate users in the operation of computer systems and will facilitate the diagnosis and repair of computer and network issues. Students will gain experience installing and maintaining enterprise applications including Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, MS System Center, and numerous other enterprise applications. Students will gain programming and technical experience improving, integrating, and deploying highly available and secure network services.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a computer related major (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Security, Cybersecurity, or related field)
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to be approved by your college/university to participate in a co-op program and register for co-op credit with your university during work terms. First work term begins in May 2020.
- Must be able to complete at least three full-time co-op terms (alternating three terms of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school) prior to graduation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in working with computers and networks
- Experience with computer operation and basic client PC troubleshooting in a Microsoft environment
- Familiarity with office applications including MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and tools
- Experience with Linux or Mac operating systems
- Ability to program software using C++, C, C#, Java, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with Server OS and server technolgies including: Group Policy, OS/Software Deployment, Exchange, SQL Server, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft System Center, IIS, Apache
- Familiarity with network appliances and hardware including NAS/SAN devices, routers, network switches, and firewalls
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume