Systems Engineer / Model Based Systems Engineer - ELSYS
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aircraft, Electronic Warfare, Embedded Systems, ISR & Tactical Systems, Threat Systems, Undersea Systems, Military Vehicles, Modeling/Simulation, Project/Program Management, Software Development/Design, System Architecture, System Engineering
The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Systems Engineering Research Division (SERD) is currently seeking a Systems Engineer for a full time research faculty position in the Model Based Systems Engineering Research, Education & Applications Branch (MREAB). Candidates should have experience with programming and/or modeling and simulation. The strongest candidates should have experience with Model Based Systems Engineering, including one or more of the following Systems Modeling Languages/Tools: MagicDraw, Cameo Systems Modeler, Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, etc.
- Develop and execute novel model-based approaches to support Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition life cycle
- Apply Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tool suites to enable the use of model-based best practices in DoD acquisition and system life cycle support
- Support industry stakeholders and DoD sponsors in the application of MBSE to tradespace analysis, design, and acquisition
- Execute MBSE processes including functional decomposition, requirements development, architectural development, and test program development
- Present technical and program management presentations to government sponsors
- Support MBSE business development
- Perform other duties as assigned
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree with a graduation date of December 2019 and skills relevant to this position will be considered.
- Experience in programming and/or modeling and simulation
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences
- Experience with SysML tools such as MagicDraw, Cameo Systems Modeler, Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, etc.
- Experience in Java and/or Python programming languages
- Knowledge of systems engineering and/or aerospace engineering
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume