Electronic Warfare and Avionics Software Engineer - ELSYS
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Systems, Electronic Warfare, Embedded Systems, Instrumentation, Machine Learning, System Architecture, Testing, Threat Systems, Missile Warning Systems, Networking, Radar, RF, Sensors Integration, Software Development/Design
The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Test Engineering Division (TEN) is currently seeking an Electronic Warfare (EW) and Avionics Software Engineer for a full time research faculty position in the Test Applications Branch (TAB). As a software engineer you will work with small teams of researchers developing software applications for EW and avionics Hardware-in-the-Loop (HITL) test systems. These systems provide high fidelity simulation and stimulation of real-time Electro-Optical (EO), Infrared (IR), Radio Frequency (RF) and avionics environments for testing EW and avionics systems.
- Define, analyze, and review system & software requirements to meet defined and anticipated sponsor needs
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning, design, and development of EW and avionics HITL systems to ensure software and system performance and compatibility
- Design and develop EW and avionics HITL software systems
- Write test plans and test cases in order to conduct unit, integration and system-level testing of EW and avionics HITL software and systems
- Conduct troubleshooting of EW and avionics HITL software and systems
- Research EO/IR and RF simulation methods and standards
- Research EW and avionics systems reprogramming, mission data and testing
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree field.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree with a graduation date of December 2020 and skills relevant to this position will be considered.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: C# (WinForms, XAML and ASP.NET), C++ or Python
- Familiarity with embedded programming and Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with embedded programming and RTOS applications
- Familiarity with EW and avionics system architectures, functional operations and interfaces
- Experience with relevant interfaces including MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, serial data buses, and discrete and analog signals
- Familiar with computer vision and machine learning concepts and applications
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume