Project Engineer- ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Avionics, Electronic Warfare, Embedded Systems, Hardware Development/Design, Missile Warning Systems, Project/Program Management, Threat Systems, RF, Sensors Integration, Software Development/Design, System Architecture, System Engineering, Testing
The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Electronic Systems Integration Division (ESID) is currently seeking a Project Engineer for a full time research position in the Program Management Branch (PMB). This position includes conducting sponsored research while working with the sponsor to develop program requirements, manage financial expenditures, measure progress (e.g. earned value), manage program risk, and conduct program management reviews to ensure sponsored program objectives are met. ESID is predominately focused on the research, development, and application of software and hardware supporting a variety of fielded military systems with an emphasis on Electronic Warfare (EW) and avionics systems. The successful candidate will embrace the challenge of executing sponsored programs to sustain offensive and defensive systems deployed on Department of Defense (DoD) platforms.
- Supervise daily program management activities including project initiation, planning, execution, and closeout for division projects
- Interact with program sponsors and their representatives to ensure sponsor satisfaction with research and work products
- Track and prepare qualitative and quantitative reports related to program outcomes
- Develop research documents to include research reports, technical documentation, and sponsored project deliverables
- Conduct Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) research and generate reports for component and subcontract vendors
- Execute research and process analysis in support of ISO 9001 compliance
- Collaborate with GTRI business operations and sponsored programs to perform cost estimations, develop project and purchasing plans, execute project schedules, and analyze technical performance metrics throughout project life-cycles
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Business, Management, Business Administration or related technical field.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Business, Management, Business Administration or related technical field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Business, Management, Business Administration or related technical field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Business, Management, Business Administration or related technical field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ years of applicable project engineering experience on avionics projects and programs
- Experience in Microsoft Project and developing cost estimates utilizing various software tools
- Experience communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience in DoD Acquisition processes (DoD 5000.02)
- Experience in leading software intensive development projects across a projects life-cycle
- Experience with systems engineering, software development and testing
- Experience in Earned Value Management
- Experience in risk management principles
- Experience with Atlassian Toolsuite (Confluence, Jira)
- Experience delivering technical presentations to a non-technical audience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Active DoD clearance
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume