Intelligence Information Systems Security Officer - RSD
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Cybersecurity, Information Technology
Manage Information Security for a world class applied research organization as an Intelligence Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO). This is a full time opportunity with GTRI’s Research Security Department in Atlanta, GA. The position is for an experienced Information Systems Security Officer who has interest in intellectually challenging and rewarding work. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows work / life balance and opportunity for growth.
The Intelligence ISSO is responsible for managing all information system security requirements for GTRI Intelligence accredited systems. The candidate will provide technical and security expertise to ensure system security requirements are properly configured and policies adhered to by privileged and general users.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated deep Technical and Information Security knowledge as well as provided comprehensive Cyber Security support through a system’s full life-cycle. In addition, the candidate should be able to research policies and regulations, productively interact with various agencies and levels of management, and contribute to establishing and maintaining accredited information systems.
About Georgia Tech Research Institute:
GTRI is a great place for intellectually curious, world class technology oriented engineering and scientific talent to work. Our projects are challenging, expanding and cutting edge applied research. In addition we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, professional growth, freedom for approved outside consulting, and a defined career growth strategy. GTRI employs over 950 world class engineers and scientists. We recruit talent from such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetic Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs, Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or Information Assurance/Security.
Research Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or Information Assurance/Security and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or Information Assurance/Security and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or Information Assurance/Security.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Must possess or be willing to obtain CISSP, Security+, and/or other applicable certifications in compliance with DoD 8140 Directive/8570 Manual
- Should have experience with JSIG, RMF, ICD 503, NIST 800, NISPOM and ISFO.
- Experience providing COMSEC support and working with Controlled Cryptographic Items (e.g. key loading devices and encryptors).
- Experience with information system's Incident Response Teams.
- Experience with or have worked as most of the following: Linux Administrator (Linux+), Windows Administrator (all OSs including legacy systems), Generic/Proprietary System Administrator, Information System Auditor, Information Systems Security Officer/Engineer, Data Security Analyst, Network Control Technician.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of an organization.
- An active TS//SCI security clearance is a major plus.
- CISSP or Security+ is preferred at the time of hire, but must be obtained within six (6) months of hiring.
- Experience in an environment and culture steeped in teamwork and collaboration working on challenging technical projects.
- Experience working with XACTA.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Top Secret Clearance
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume