Embedded Systems Development Co-Op Fall 2020 - ELSYS
Type: Students: Co-op
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aircraft, Algorithm Development, Antenna, Avionics, Countermeasures, Electromagnetics, System Architecture, System Engineering, Testing, Threat Systems, Radar, RF, Sensors Integration, Sensors/Optics, Signal Processing, Software Development/Design, Electronic Warfare, Embedded Systems, Hardware Development/Design, Human Factors, Mechanical Design & Analysis, Military Vehicles
GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment and rapidly improve your technical and leadership skills. The program allows you to alternate three semesters of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school.
The System Engineering Division (SEN) in the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) seeks co-op students for the fall semester 2020 to develop embedded systems. The majority of the SEN Division’s projects are focused on developing embedded systems for military deployments, but some projects target commercial applications. The student will work under the guidance of GTRI researchers performing one or more of the following tasks that are integral to the development, testing, production, and deployment of embedded systems:
- Digital and analog circuit designs
- Electromechanical embedded device design
- Embedded software development
- Developing low-level device drivers for embedded systems
- Testing and evaluating embedded systems
- Creating technical data packages to document designs of embedded systems
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to be approved by your college/university to participate in a co-op program and register for co-op credit with your university during work terms. The first work term will begin in August 2020.
- Must be able to complete at least three full-time co-op terms (alternating three terms of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school) prior to graduation
- Experience in one or more programming languages
- Willingness to take on leadership duties for tasks as directed by GTRI researchers
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume