Multi-INT Engineer - Warner Robins, GA - SEAL
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Cybersecurity, Image Processing, IR, ISR & Tactical Systems, Machine Learning, Radar, Sensors Integration, Sensors/Optics, Software Development/Design, System Architecture, System Engineering
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) has opportunities for Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Multi-Intelligence research positions within the Sensor and Electromagnetic Application Laboratory (SEAL) in Warner Robins, Georgia. The Air Force organization being supported by the person hired needs a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in this technical area. The person hired will have responsibilities that require either past experience or the ability to rapidly learn how Multi-INT functions for the Air Force, the software tools in use, and the data being processed for the analyst to exploit. This position will contribute to the implementation of specific new capabilities for incorporation into the weapon system, definition of concept of operations (CONOPs) and requirements. Inclusion of machine learning will be a goal of the position.
- Learn new software tools and assist government personnel in understanding the tools
- Collect existing documentation and create new documentation for the system
- Be able to write simple utility programs in Java or Python
- Attend test events and assist in interpretation of utility of the products demonstrated
- Understand basic concepts of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related field of study.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related field of study and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related field of study and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related field of study.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidate must have a graduation date of no later than May, 2020
- Candidate must understand or be able to learn about Geospatial and Signals Intelligence data
- Candidate must have the ability to write simple scripts in Java or Python
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator and willing to brief work to outside organizations
- Existing DoD Security Clearance
- Experience in Geospatial and/or Signals Intelligence data
- Experience with mapping software
- Experience in Department of Defense environment
- Experience with machine learning/artificial intelligence
- Experience in cybersecurity
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume