IT Operations Co-op Summer 2020 - ELSYS
Type: Students: Co-op
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Georgia Tech Research Institute Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) IT team is currently seeks a highly motivated co-op students for the upcoming summer 2020. GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment and rapidly improve your technical and leadership skills. The program allows you to alternate three semesters of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school.
Our co-op students work in a collaborative environment managing the helpdesk ticket systems. We provide IT support to ELSYS employees and assist researchers and engineers with various projects. Students will also be exposed to virtualization, Linux, scripting, and server infrastructure.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Security Assurance, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Computer Science
- Must be eligible to be approved by your college/university to participate in a co-op program and register for co-op credit with your university during work terms (First work term begins May 2020)
- Must be able to complete at least three full-time co-op terms (alternating three terms of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school) prior to graduation
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Be interested in learning IT operations (including but not limited to system administration/deployment, networking, software troubleshooting, and security)
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems, various types of computer hardware, and networking
- A passion for technology, and a desire to grow as an IT professional
- Task / team leadership experience
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems is considered a plus
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume