Software Security Research Assistant - Fall 2020 - CIPHER
Type: Students: Undergraduate Student Asst. (SA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Software Assurance branch of the Georgia Tech Research Institute seeks an undergraduate computer science or engineering student with an interest in secure software development, software reverse engineering, software vulnerability assessment, and software exploitation. The ideal candidate will show a well-rounded interest in computing research in general, with a specific interest in the aforementioned focus areas. The candidate will primarily work with a technically savvy team of software researchers to assist with developing software focused on intelligent software analysis, reverse engineering, and secure cyber systems. This may include work with other units within the Georgia Tech community to perform interdisciplinary research in secure computing. The ideal candidate will have future interest in a research-oriented professional career in the field of secure computing.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Student Assistant/Research Assistant
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must be registered for at least 6 credit hours with your university during working semesters
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Solid understanding of computing software, hardware, and operating systems
- Solid understanding of computer science computing theory
- Experience with source code management tools such as Git or Subversion and contributing to large code bases
- An understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to develop software in multiple computer languages to include at least C/C++ and Python
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Familiarity with Linux and open source tools
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with microprocessors, assembly language, and compilers
- Familiarity with reverse engineering / tools (IDA, Ghidra)
- Familiarity with Embedded or Real-Time systems
- Experience in additional programming languages
- Task / team leadership experience
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
Hours Per Week
10–20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume