Senior Software Engineer - ACL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aerospace, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Systems, Avionics, Countermeasures, RF, Sensors Integration, Signal Processing, Software Development/Design, System Architecture, Threat Systems, Electronic Warfare, Embedded Systems, ISR & Tactical Systems, Machine Learning, Modeling/Simulation, Radar
This is a position of high trust by both GTRI and the US National Security community. The Signals and Systems Division (SASD) within the Advanced Concepts Laboratory, develops and delivers physics-based models and performs complex math/physics based analysis of highly sensitive electronic warfare and sensor capabilities. The division maintains subject matter expertise in the areas of electronic warfare, systems engineering, threat analysis, modeling and simulation, military operations, national strategy, and intelligence support to acquisition. SASD core competencies are waveform development, signal processing, advanced computing, modeling and simulation in support of effects evaluation, and advanced mathematics. This position requires exemplary professional and personal conduct and adherence to stringent standards and security regulations well beyond that required by the average GTRI employee.
The Signals and Systems Division provides sponsors and GTRI leadership with expert knowledge of operational systems, threat systems and the technical requirements for future systems. Applicants must have the ability to obtain a clearance with preference given to candidates already holding a clearance.
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and four (4) years of relevant full time experience.
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 10 years experience with object oriented programming concepts
- Experience leading highly technical engineering efforts involving the development of software systems
- Must be a self starter and excel at solving complex problems
- Current Top Secret/SCI
- Experience using C++, C#, Python, and MATLAB
- Avionics and embedded systems experience
- Experience in developing software architectures
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume