Defense Technologies Expert - ACL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Acoustics, Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aircraft, Antenna, Avionics, Radar, RF, Sensors/Optics, Signal Processing, Countermeasures, Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, IR, Lidar, Missile Warning Systems
The position is for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in low observable (LO) signature management and technologies with broad experience in radar cross section (RCS) and infrared (IR) signatures. Understanding of materials, aerodynamics, acoustics, and mechanical aircraft design is highly desired. The position requires very strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to summarize, present, and document complex technical concepts in a readily comprehensible manner.
The SME will provide expertise for special projects related reviews and analysis. The SME will typically work without detailed technical direction following overall program goals and deadlines. The SME may be called upon to provide technical direction for other engineers and support staff. The SME will participate and sometimes lead various internal process teams and ad hoc groups to develop overall programmatic plans, processes, and concepts. The SME will work closely with support staff to accomplish program goals and objectives. The SME will identify, recommend, and execute tasks to improve the overall program product.
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics and four (4) years of relevant full time experience.
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Consideration will be given to candidates that do not have a Master's degree with 10+ years of experience and strong background in LO signature management and technologies.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in LO research and development (R&D).
- Ability to review, understand, and summarize a large number of technical documents quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust multiple tasks to accomplish project goals.
- Requires the continued development and execution of existing 2-4 technical instructional meetings per year using industry and government instructors and the publication of supporting instructional materials.
- PhD in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Current TS SSBI Security Clearance
- Experience in leading technical objectives as part of a sponsored research program or project
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume