EO/IR Modeler (Senior Level) - EOSL
Location: Atlanta, GA, Dayton, OH
Categories: Aircraft, Algorithm Development, Artificial Intelligence, Countermeasures, Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, Sensors/Optics, Signal Processing, System Engineering, RF, Sensors Integration, Embedded Systems, High Performance Computing, Image Processing, IR, Missile Warning Systems, Modeling/Simulation
This job is for a full time research faculty position in the Electronic Warfare Analysis Modeling and Analysis Division (EWMAD) within the Electro-Optical Systems Laboratory (EOSL) at Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI). Responsibilities include modeling, simulation and analysis as well as developing innovative solutions for EO/IR algorithms to support Electronic Warfare (EW) research.
This position could be filled in Dayton, OH or Atlanta, GA
EWMAD performs modeling, simulation, and analysis in support of various Electro-Optical Counter Measures, Physics and Missile Warning Systems EW studies, including aircraft self-protection, countermeasures, scene generation, laser warning, scattering, propagation and turbulence, and EO/IR signature modeling. Our team has a diversity of backgrounds and skillsets, and a typical project team is composed of programmers, EO/IR engineers Physicists and Countermeasures experts. While our work is applied research, it runs the gamut from "blue sky" concepts for the future battlespace to modeling-based solutions to be fielded on today's aircraft.
- Write software to model various EO/IR systems
- Assist in the design, development, and demonstration of EW simulation experiments
- Develop and integrate scripts to allow researchers to gather and analyze critical data from the simulation runs
- Perform analysis on the simulations to determine the efficacy of EW techniques and optimize the techniques
- Document analysis and maintain configuration management of all software and experiments
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline and four (4) years of relevant full time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline- and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Knowledge and familiarity with Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
- The ability to write software to model various EO/IR and EW systems
- Familiarity with programming languages, especially FORTRAN, C, and C++
- Proficiency with machine learning
- Familiarity with Linux and open source tools
- Experience with C, C++, and Python computer language
- Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
- Experience using configuration management tools
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a dynamic team environment
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume Refer a friend