RF Systems Engineer - ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Avionics, Electronic Warfare, Embedded Systems, Hardware Development/Design, Machine Learning, System Architecture, System Engineering, Testing, Threat Systems, Project/Program Management, Radar, RF, Sensors Integration, Signal Processing, Software Development/Design
The Radio Frequency (RF) Systems Engineer in the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) System Engineering Division (SEN) is a full time research faculty position in Atlanta, Georgia. The RF Systems Engineer will provide system engineering expertise to a variety of research, development, and sustainment activities of Radio Frequency (RF) systems. Additionally, this position will develop architectures, requirements, and prototypes that support design, development, implementation, and testing of RF Electronic Warfare systems.
• Perform analysis of system and functional requirements
• Develop conceptual designs of RF modules and subsystems
• Conduct modeling, simulation and design of wide bandwidth analog RF modules
• Develop and execute test procedures at the component and system level
• Integrate system components and support equipment in laboratory and fielded settings
• Serve as a technical expert on assigned projects and systems to include keeping up-to-date on industry standards, system interfaces, engineering tools, and road maps for current and future updates
• Participate in technical meetings with GTRI and sponsor personnel
• Develop technical papers for conferences, speak publicly, and present briefings to potential customers
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with RF systems
- Experience creating and conducting technical presentations
- 5+ years experience with RF system design
- Familiarity with Electronic Warfare domain, including radar and communications applications
- Experience with microwave and millimeter-wave RF systems and design principles
- Experience developing systems for military or high reliability applications
- Active SECRET clearance
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume