Systems Engineer/Model Based Systems Engineering -- ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aircraft, Avionics, Embedded Systems, Military Vehicles, Modeling/Simulation, Sensors Integration, Software Development/Design, System Architecture, System Engineering
The Systems Engineer/Model-Based Systems Engineering in Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Systems Engineering Research Division (SERD) is a full-time research faculty position in the Model-Based Systems Engineering Research, Education & Applications Branch (MREAB). This position supports the Department of Defense (DoD) in the effort to use model-based and data-driven processes across multiple functionalities to improve acquisition decisions and system life cycle support.
- Develop and execute novel model-based approaches to support the DoD acquisition life cycle
- Apply Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tool suites to enable the use of model-based best practices in DoD acquisition and system life cycle support
- Support industry stakeholders and DoD sponsors in the application of MBSE to Tradespace analysis, design, and acquisition
- Execute MBSE processes including functional decomposition, requirements development, architectural development, and test program development
- Present technical and program management presentations to government sponsors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience using an Object Management Group (OMG) Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tool to author SysML models(e.g. MagicDraw, Cameo Systems Modeler, Enterprise Architect, Rational Rapsody, etc.)
- Experience in Object-Oriented programming and/or modeling and simulation
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelors degree with a graduation date of May 2020 and skills relevant to this position will be considered
- Experience with the DoD Acquisition process
- Experience with requirements development and management
- Experience with using, creating, or evaluating open architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering (SE) and/or aerospace engineering
- 3+ years experience in Java and/or Python programming languages
- Familiarity with the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume