Systems Engineer - SEAL
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Information Technology, ISR & Tactical Systems, Modeling/Simulation, Sensors Integration, System Architecture, System Engineering, Testing
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) has opportunities for a Systems Engineer (SE) research position within the Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) in Smyrna, Georgia. The Systems Engineer will work with engineers in the division, lab, and Air Force customer to ensure that systems are well planned and implemented, especially large "systems of systems" configurations. The job will entail learning the requirements and composition of the overall program as well as understanding how the subsystems function across the system and how the subsystems are linked to each other. It will be the responsibility of this engineer to assist the project directors in establishing sound architecture and engineering practices in the technical approach to defining the system.
- Work with subject matter experts on programs to educate them on good Systems Engineering practices
- Analyze system functionality as defined by the requirements
- Build textual and graphical information to assist in defining systems engineering approach
- Design and build templates to assist experts in providing critical system information
- Prepare documentation for trade studies
- Ensure that information is available to do system performance predictions.
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field of study.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Familiarity with the various phases of Systems Engineering life cycle
- Good problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Existing Secret or TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with DoD communities
- Experience with DoD Intelligence communities
- Experience with the DoD Acquisition Process
- Experience with requirements development and management
- Experience with Interface definition across multiple subsystems
- Experience with applying Cyber concepts across the Systems Engineering domain
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume