Senior Air and Missile Defense Radar Engineer - SEAL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Electronic Warfare, IR, Modeling/Simulation, Quantum Computing, Radar, RF, Sensors Integration, Sensors/Optics, Signal Processing
The Sensors & Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is seeking senior level engineers and scientists who have a recognized and sustained track record conducting applied research in one or more areas of modern phased array radar systems to include: multi-target tracking, non-adaptive and adaptive signal processing, resource management, electronic protection, and system analysis and design. As a senior researcher in the Air and Missile Defense Division (AMDD), candidates will have the opportunity to develop and lead cutting edge research efforts in support of our US Army and Missile Defense Agency customers.
In this position, candidates are encouraged to identify new business or research areas, capture programs, manage both the programmatic (deliverables, budgets, and staff) and the technical aspects of an effort, and participate directly in the research. Researchers regularly interface with customers through programmatic and technical interchanges and business development efforts. Senior researchers work collaboratively with other senior staff and have opportunities to mentor junior staff.
- Lead research efforts to address challenges facing our Army and Missile Defense Agency customer base.
- Provide thought leadership as part of regular interactions with existing and potential sponsors.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities.
- Manage projects and resources to include personnel, budgets, and deliverables.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Document research through briefings, papers, and technical reports.
- Manage tasks and projects to include budgets, research staff, and deliverables
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and four (4) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 8 years of experience performing research and successful business development
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in one or more technical areas and able to contribute across a broad range of problem domains
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 10 or more years of experience in conducting related research and performing successful business development.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume