*CCDC AvMC Research Security Coordinator-RSD
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Networking
The Research Associate is a key member of Research Security (RS) who supports multiple offices on Georgia Tech that includes but not limited to the Contract Management Support Office (CMSO). CMSO’s primary mission is the management of the top-level IDIQ and individual Task Order security requirements and compliance for the $2.35B Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) IDIQ University Affiliated Research Center (UARC) Contract. The contract vehicle supports multiple levels of security, such as Collateral, Special Access Program and Sensitive Compartmented information, across 100's of projects, project directors, and U.S. Government sponsors and Industry partners, and so requires a knowledgeable, experienced security professional to facilitate the resolution of security-related issues and ensure compliance with all contractual and industrial security requirements. Specific tasks include:
- Serves as a liaison with Army CCDC AvMC security organization to address security issues within task orders related to: program access, use and co-use of SCIFs/SAPFs, secure communications and deliveries, and any other contract or project-specific security issues that inhibit program performance or jeopardize 100% compliance with contractual security regulations and policy.
- Works closely with government security counterparts, Task Order GTRI PDs, and Customer Technical and/or Security POCs, assist in the establishment of a Task Order specific DD-254 for each new Task Order and ensure that subordinate DD-254s (if any) are compliant and consistent.
- Participates in weekly CMSO/CCDC AvMC updates and provide DD-254 status for new Task Orders in the Pipeline and any DD-254 modification requests that are outstanding.
- Work closely with government program office security counterparts, Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) and other Cognizant security agencies, and GT's CMSO and OSP to ensure DD-254 integrity and accuracy.
- Collects, manage, and updates all relevant Security Classification Guides (or locations, if classified), and delivers, upon request to CCDC AvMC in order to be compliant with the IDIQ and CCDC AvMC procedures.
- Facilitates periodic meetings/reviews with the government (CCDC AvMC) counterpart security personnel both onsite at Redstone, AL, and at the various GTRI sites, as appropriate, to include periodic reporting of security-related program metrics, accomplishments, and issues.
- Provide expert advice and trains PDs and sponsors on the security and DD-254 management processes specific to the CCDC AvMC IDIQ, and assist in the development of security-compliant plans for each task order and incrementally funded project, as required.
- Become familiar with and oversees the development of procedures (e.g. help-requests, monthly reports, templates) to streamline security compliance and reporting for those reporting requirements unique to the CCDC AvMC IDIQ contract.
- Ensures (and assist in) PD's compliance with CAC, SIPR, SCI billet requests, security training unique to the IDIQ statement of work, and management procedures with respect to need to know and approvals/endorsements.
- Advises the GTRI program director of the CCDC AvMC IDIQ on: security compliance risks, process clarification and streamlining, and any other security-related risks.
- Stay abreast of all National, DoD, and GTRI RS policy/procedure/tool changes and ensure implementation and compliance within the CMSO.
- Assist in the investigation, remediation, and prevention of security incidents related to the CCDC AvMC contract vehicle, as required.
- Apply National Industrial Security System (NISS) experience in order to verify Facility Clearances (FCL)/Safeguarding as well as create/update FCL Packets.
- Assist with the ongoing GT/GTRI Self Assessment for the Annual Security Vulnerability Assessment (SVA) with the Defense
- Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA).
- Establish an active membership in the local chapter of the National Classification Management Society (NCMS)
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Associate II
- A Master’s degree in --(Enter field of study)-- and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in --(Enter field of study)-- and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in --(Enter field of study)--.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- BA, plus 5 years in government or contractor security organization
- BA, plus 10 years experience in DoD or DoD contractor security organizations related to SAP/SCI projects; CSSP and/or FSO-related experience.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Top Secret Clearance
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume