Flight Test Data Analyst/ Engineer (Entry Level) -- ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aircraft, Antenna, Avionics, Countermeasures, Testing, Electronic Warfare, Human Factors, Machine Learning, Missile Warning Systems, Modeling/Simulation, Radar
The Flight Test Data Analyst/ Engineer in the Air National Guard Program Office (ANGPO) will support data analysis, test and evaluation engineering, and systems engineering. The Flight Test Data Analyst/ Engineer will perform hardware, software, and systems testing for a team of engineers executing ongoing sponsored programs in the field of flight test engineering supporting fellow researchers in Atlanta and across multiple ANGPO field offices.
- Support Flight Test Engineers in the development of flight scenarios to efficiently and effectively collect data necessary to determine system performance under test and operation
- Interpret flight test plans and translate testing requirements into a comprehensive data analysis plan
- Maintain flight test data sets and merge them with manual information gathering during the test process
- Develop methodologies for how to assess system performance given digital data made available from the system
- Develop and use software tools to support formatting and visualizing flight test data to answer system performance and operational measures
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field is required.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with Python, AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Experience as a co-op, intern, graduate research assistant, or student assistant researching telemetry, flight test data, aircraft data, and post-test data analysis
- Experience with the development and publication of technical reports, data packages, test plans, and safety analysis plans
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position are required to be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute's mission of solving the world's most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume