Flight Test Data Analyst/Engineer -- ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aircraft, Avionics, Data Analytics/Science, Electronic Warfare, Threat Systems, RF, Sensors Integration, Sensors/Optics, System Architecture, System Engineering, Testing, Human Factors, IR, ISR & Tactical Systems, Missile Warning Systems, Networking, Radar
The Flight Test Data Analyst/ Engineer in the Air National Guard Program Office (ANGPO) will support data analysis, test and evaluation engineering, and systems engineering. The Flight Test Data Analyst/ Engineer will perform hardware, software, and systems testing for a team of engineers executing ongoing sponsored programs in the field of flight test engineering supporting fellow researchers in Atlanta and across multiple field offices in the Air National Guard Program Office (ANGPO).
- Plan, execute, analyze and report on a variety of test programs from bench level to on-aircraft open-air range testing
- Collaborate with flight test engineers in the development of flight scenarios to efficiently and effectively collect data necessary to determine system performance under test and operation
- Support sponsor programmatic reviews, planning meetings, concept development efforts, and technical interchange meetings
- Interpret flight test plans and user requirements, translating testing requirements into a comprehensive data analysis plan
- Maintain flight test data sets and merge them with qualitative data gathered during the test process
- Perform other duties as assigned
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field is required.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field is required and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field is required and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field is required.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with flight test data analysis
- Experience with the development and publication of technical reports, data packages, test plans, and safety analysis plans
- Experience in one or more of the following: flight test planning, design of experiments, Electronic Warfare (EW), radar, avionics systems, and/or EW and missions systems testing
- Python scripting skills
- Experience in one or more of the following: test and evaluation of aerospace systems, sensor integration, signal processing, EO/IR sensors, and/or RF threat systems
- Department of Defense (DoD) flight test range and fighter aircraft electronic warfare data analysis experience
- Experience with Python and/or C programming
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute's mission of solving the world's most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume