Data Scientist / Engineer - Machine Learning (Entry-Level) -- EOSL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Antenna
The data scientist/engineer in the Performance Optimization Branch will perform digital modeling, simulation, analysis, performance optimization, and machine learning tasks to support electronic warfare research and development. Electronic Warfare (EW) applications include aircraft self-protection, missile warning, hostile fire indication, laser warning, countermeasures, scene generation, atmospheric phenomena, and electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) signature modeling. The data scientist/engineer will be on an agile team that performs software verification and validation, robust performance evaluation, digital simulation, and processor-in-the-loop simulation using hardware-acceleration techniques on dedicated high-performance computing clusters for our sponsors.
- Develop innovative algorithms and apply machine learning/deep learning methods to EW applications
- Run simulations and algorithm optimizations
- Curate data and write automation scripts
- Write and perform software tests supporting software verification and document outcomes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or a related technical field.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or a related technical field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or a related technical field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or a related technical field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with machine learning and/or genetic programming methods through full-time employment, coursework, internship, student employment, or freelance
- Experience with Python (including numPy, sciPy, pandas, matplotlib) and C++
- Experience with Linux and Git
- Experience with Evolutionary Multi-objective Algorithm Design Engine (EMADE) tool set
- Experience with Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
- Experience with Matlab, Fortran, or Ada
- A Master's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or a related technical field
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume