RF Testing Student Assistant- Fall 2020 - ICL
Type: Students: Undergraduate Student Asst. (SA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
GTRI's Information and Communications Lab (ICL) Communications Systems and Spectrum Division (CSSD) that researches and develops next-generation wireless systems and communications techniques seeks a Student Research Assistant for the fall 2020 semester. Within electronic warfare, ICL CSSD generates solutions for complex radio test and measurement scenarios, test events, and in-field systems. Our engineers fuse multiple complex technologies including software-defined radio, FPGAs, LTE, circuit board design, 3D printing, and UAVs to solve our customer’s most challenging problems.
The SA will help us prototype, design, build, and test the next generation of wireless communications systems and testbeds for electronic warfare scenarios. The student will work under the guidance of GTRI researchers performing one or more of the following activities:
· Build RF test systems in a lab environment
· Assist with RF lab tests and measurements
Design and coordinate chassis build processes
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
• Must be registered at least 6 hours with your university
• Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA
• Experience with basic tools: wrenches, screwdrivers, and drills
• Experience with RF and electronics tools: oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and multimeter
• Coding experience in 1 or more languages.
• Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
Hours per Week
10-20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume