Cybersecurity Researcher -- ELSYS
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Categories: Aircraft, Avionics, Cybersecurity, Electronic Warfare, Embedded Systems, System Architecture, System Engineering
The Cybersecurity Researcher in the Robins Avionics Branch will work with Air Force engineers to assess Electronic Warfare, Avionics, and Communications systems for cyber-resiliency and cybersecurity requirements. Additionally, the cybersecurity researcher will develop Risk Management Framework documentation, test strategies/plans, system-specific requirements, and cybersecurity strategies.
- Develop cybersecurity technical documentation by the Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework guidelines
- Analyze and synthesize Electronic Warfare (EW) system data into architectural analysis reports
- Develop system impact analysis based on complex system interactions and the downstream mission impact on a system or platform
- Examine system implementations of cybersecurity controls for their applicability and level of effectiveness
- Create and review system security engineering and weapon system cybersecurity validation and verification reports
- Design security and continuous monitoring plans for systems and supplied government furnished information
- Develop procedures to meet system cybersecurity requirements
- Produce security analysis reports using intelligence-based sources
- Develop impact/risk analysis reports and risk briefings
- Create road-maps for system Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Develop plans and milestones for IPTs to integrate cybersecurity into system lifecycles
- Provide cybersecurity requirements scoping support for numerous programs and systems
- Regularly interact with sponsors throughout the project life cycle
- Perform other duties as assigned
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in -Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) or National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST) publications
- Experience in system accreditation, security analysis, information assurance, and/or cybersecurity
- IAM Level II or Level III certification (CAP, CASP+, CISM, CISSP, GSLC, CCISO)
- Experience developing RMF documentation and packages for platform information technology systems
- Experience with embedded electronics systems and aircraft serial buses such as MIL-STD-1553
- Experience creating and conducting technical presentations
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
US Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume