Cyber Security System Administrator Linux and Windows - CIPHER
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Cybersecurity, Information Technology
The Sponsored Support Branch (SSB) is looking for a knowledgeable, motivated and hardworking Cyber Security professional to join their team. This individual will provide unit level support in the installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems, with a partial focus on Linux systems. This position typically addresses a wide variety of applications that often involve highly complex issues, all while working under general supervision while also providing work guidance to lower levels.
• Configure and administer various security-hardened operating systems such as Windows, Windows Server, RHEL7, and RHEL8.
• Create specifications and security profiles for secure IT systems based on customer, DoD, and GTRI requirements, with an emphasis on Linux systems
• Interpreting technical controls from the DAAPM and JSIG, providing IT solutions to security requirements.
• Implementing secure IT systems based on the above criterion.
• Installing, maintaining, and upgrading workstation and peripheral hardware and software within a secure space.
• Performing flaw remediation under RMF Continuous Monitoring requirements, including scanning, remediation, and validation.
• Analyzing and resolving complex workstation, application, and server related problems.
• Providing users with assistance in working in specific applications.
• Participating in the development of standard operating procedures.
• Provide lab-wide infrastructure assistance as needed
• Provide lab-wide help desk assistance as needed
• Remain informed of new security practices and requirements.
• Provide guidance and creation for lab cybersecurity best practices, protocols, and procedures
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Security, Information Assurance.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Security, Information Assurance and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Security, Information Assurance and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Security, Information Assurance.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: 1-3 years of job related experience.
- Certifications: Must be willing to obtain Security+ within 6 months of hire, and CISSP within 24-36 months of hire
- Skills: Candidate must have experience working in and creating virtual machine environments, experience implementing Security Technical Implementation Guidelines, and performing Security Control Automation Protocol scans for systems under C&A approval and RMF approval. This job requires advanced knowledge of and skill in the installation and maintenance of information technology hardware and software, requiring a full understanding of industry practices and campus policies and procedures. Included are skills in problem-solving, decision making, customer service, system documentation, and communications.
- Candidate must be a US citizen, willing and capable of immediately obtaining a Secret clearance.
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree with a graduation date of December, 2020 and skills relevant to this position will be considered.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred Work Experience: 2-3 years of job related experience.
- Preferred Certifications: Security+ or CISSP, willing to obtain RHCSA.
- Preferred Skills: Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server 2016 and 2019, Hyper-V; Enterprise Antivirus tools such as McAfee ePO or similar; Nessus or other vulnerability scanning tools; ITSM tools to include service desk, work-flow management, and wiki documentation
- Secret or Top Secret clearance.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume