Entry Level Project Management Support Professional - SEAL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Project/Program Management
GTRI-SEAL is seeking a Program Management Support Professional (PMSP) to provide project management (PM) support for a portfolio of engineering projects. The successful candidate will be able to provide project management support to a ten to twenty-five member team of multi-disciplinary engineers and scientists to achieve project objectives and milestones. A technical project director is assigned to each project and will retain the final project authority. The PMSP will work alongside the Project Director to assure all project management requirements are met and provide project management guidance to the project director concerning processes and procedures that would be beneficial to the project. This role may require direct interface with sponsor representatives occasionally so experience working in a DoD project environment is preferred.
- Assist PD/PIs in using standard project management tools and processes
- Assist with project management compliance metrics
- Assist PD/PIs with reports and other monthly deliverables
- Assist PD/PIs with tracking of budgets
- Assist PD/PIs with purchasing and procurement
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Policy, Technology, Administration, or a related field of study.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Policy, Technology, Administration, or a related field of study and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Policy, Technology, Administration, or a related field of study and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Policy, Technology, Administration, or a related field of study.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Course work and training sufficient to support more senior program management professional and project directors
- 1-2 years of program management or cost account management experience
- 1 or more years working in a direct support role on a DOD sponsored project
- PMP, CSM, Lean6Sigma, CM, or other related professional certification
- MS degree in Business, Policy, Technology, Administration, or a related field of study
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume