Information Technology Operations Co-op Spring 2021 - ACL
Type: Students: Co-op
Location: Atlanta, GA
GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment, and rapidly improve your technical and leadership skills. The program allows you to alternate three semesters of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school.
GTRI’s Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL) provides innovative, tailored solutions to challenging problems for our customers. Our laboratory identifies and transitions advances in basic research for use in real-world applications, with particular emphasis on antennas, electromagnetics, counter-proliferation technologies, and integrated analysis of signals and systems. ACL possesses extensive capabilities for numerical modeling, experimentation, and characterization to prove new technologies and concepts.
As an Information Technology Co-Op in the Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL) within GTRI, students will gain enhanced knowledge and practice in the field of Information Technology. The student will respond to user help requests, work with building information systems and IT services, and support a multitude of ACL technologies.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to be approved by your college/university to participate in a co-op program and register for co-op credit with your university during work terms
- Must be able to complete at least three full-time co-op terms (alternating three terms of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school) prior to graduation. The work term begins in spring 2021.
- Motivated to increase Information Technology knowledge and skillset
- Task/team leadership experience
- Some familiarity with the three major operating systems: Windows, Linux (RHEL 7), and macOS
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas and information to users
- Ability to respond to help requests and work with users to provide IT solutions
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume