Information Systems Architect Researcher I - ACL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing, Information Technology, Networking, System Architecture, System Engineering
The Junior Information Systems Architect will work in GTRI's Information Technology Group in the Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL). ACL's Information Technology group engages in research related to the development of secure information systems and large data storage systems.
This position involves the design, procurement, assembly, and deployment of highly complex information systems for a wide variety of government programs. Qualified candidates will know about Microsoft Windows Active Directory domains as well as knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Management of existing Active Directory Domains
- Creation of entirely new Active Directory Forests and Domains
- Operation of information systems in compliance with Department of Defense regulatory guidance
- Effective operation of information systems in a disconnected and extremely remote environment
- Investigation of new storage technologies for possible inclusion in future designs
- Development and presentation of technical details of designs for internal peer reviews and sponsor design reviews
- Interface and coordinate with other team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, and related degrees.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidate must have a graduation date of no later than August 2021.
- 1-5 years experience in Windows Domain administration including experience with the following concepts or technologies:
- Powershell and V.B. Scripting;
- Active Directory objects, structures, and accounts creation, modification, and management;
- Domain server configuration and management;
- GPOs, DNS, DHCP, and DFS;
- Proficient with backup solutions;
- Deploying workstations and servers using imaging solutions
- Prefer candidates with an active Security Clearance
- Security+ Certification or CISSP Certification
- Experience creating entirely new Active Directory Forests and Domains, not just administering existing domains.
- Experience administering systems which comply with Risk Managed Framework (RMF) guidelines
- 1-5 years experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration
- Experience working on federal government contracts
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position are required to be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute's mission of solving the world's most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume