Senior Software Engineer - ACL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aircraft, Algorithm Development, Avionics, Data Analytics/Science, Software Development/Design, Space Systems, System Architecture, Testing, Threat Systems, Networking, Project/Program Management, Radar, RF, Sensors/Optics, Signal Processing, Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, High Performance Computing, IR, Machine Learning, Modeling/Simulation
GTRI's Signals and Systems Division (SASD) in the Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Senior Software Engineer. This position involves the following duties:
- Lead and conduct research and development in the area of software architectures, software systems, and open architectures
- Develop software applications using C, C++, MATLAB, Python, and other industry-standard languages
- Develop tools, technologies, and processes to support the analysis of national defense-related systems and scenarios
- Implement software development and configuration management best practices and coding standards
- Mentor and coach junior software engineers on coding best practices
- Lead and participate in technical meetings with GTRI and sponsor personnel
- Collaborate with sponsors, engineering teams, and project directors to ensure project deliverables and requirements are met
- Actively interface with open architecture consortium teams, including developing plans relating to consortium governance, data sharing, configuration management, and organizational recommendations/structure
- Serve as a technical expert on assigned projects and systems, keeping up-to-date on industry standards, system interfaces, engineering tools, and road maps for current and future updates
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have experience in requirements development, operational test planning and execution, concept of operations development, tactical/operational/strategic-level planning, modeling, simulation and analysis, model-based systems engineering, threat systems, and program/project management and have a background in military/defense-related specialties. Leadership experience and strong organizational skills are also desired.
SASD develops and delivers physics-based models and performs complex math/physics-based analysis of highly-sensitive electronic warfare and sensor capabilities. The division maintains subject matter expertise in the areas of electronic warfare, systems engineering, threat analysis, modeling and simulation, military operations, national strategy, and intelligence support to acquisition. SASD core competencies are waveform development, signal processing, advanced computing, modeling and simulation in support of effects evaluation, and advanced mathematics.
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and four (4) years of relevant full time experience.
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 10 years experience with object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience leading highly technical engineering efforts involving the development of software systems
- Must be a self-starter and excel at solving complex problems
- Current Top Secret/SCI
- Experience using C++, C#, Python, and MATLAB
- Avionics and embedded systems experience
- Experience in developing software architectures
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume