*Information System Security Engineer - S2CD
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Information Technology, Networking, System Engineering
Georgia Tech Research Institute's Special Secure Computing Division (S2CD) is currently seeking a Windows system administrator with 3+ years of experience whose primary duties will be in the design, deployment, management, and administration of GTRI's secure information technology infrastructure. The Special Secure Computing Division fills the Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) role in accordance with the Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG).
- Design information technology systems to meet the needs of various GTRI projects
- Establish and maintain a deployment environment to aid in the building of future systems
- Maintain existing systems as part of continuous monitoring and flaw remediation processes
- Document system hardware and software baselines
- Contribute to a shared knowledge base to document procedures and processes relating to the design, operation, and maintenance of information technology systems
Education & Length of Experience
Research Technologist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems (CIS), or any related technology degree.
Research Technologist II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems (CIS), or any related technology degree and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems (CIS), or any related technology degree and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems (CIS), or any related technology degree.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Directive 8570.1 IAT Level II compliance within 12 months of hire.
- Candidate must possess 5 years of relevant experience in the information technology domain.
- Candidate must have experience administering Windows 10/Server 2016.
- Candidate must have a Secret security clearance, must be able to obtain Top Secret, SCI, and SAP access.
- Experience with Active Directory management, Powershell scripting, Group Policy Management, and Windows Server Update Services.
- Experience managing, administering and updating systems under the Risk Management Framework.
- Experience with implementation of system hardening techniques, including Security Technical Implementation Guidelines.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume