Machine Learning Researcher I/II - ACL
Location: Dayton, OH
Categories: Algorithm Development, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Systems, Information Technology, ISR & Tactical Systems, Machine Learning, Modeling/Simulation, Software Development/Design
The Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Machine Learning (ML) Researcher. The role of this position is to incorporate machine learning with a focus on reinforcement learning (RL)into the decision system. The successful candidate will conduct sponsored research projects in close collaboration with other scientists and engineers. GTRI and the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) are complementary institutions that work together to solve customers’ technical problems. Our strong connection to Georgia Tech opens the door to the vast intellectual resources of one of America’s leading research universities. We offer stability, world-class benefits, and a flexible career path in an applied research and development environment.
This is a research position that includes applied ML and RL to include support framework integration, modification of existing ML/RL algorithms, implementation, and design of associated systems and processes. The position will provide ML/RL support to numerous local efforts supporting primarily government contracts.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree program relevant to this position will be considered
- The successful candidate should possess a strong subset of the following:
- Use of commodity ML and/or RL support frameworks in product development;
- software development in C++, C#, Python, and/or Java;
- Linux familiarity;
- Agile/Scrum software development practices and tools (e.g. Jira, Bitbucket/Git);
- successful implementation of RL algorithms in either academic or employment settings.
- Ability to complete problem investigation, reproduction, and resolution;
- Ability to acquire new skills efficiently and independently;
- Previous strong performance in a collaborative environment.
- Master's or Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Current hold a Secret Clearance
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume