Senior Architect and DOD Portfolio Leader-ICL
Categories: Other, Information Technology
A full-time, permanent position is available starting January 2021 to perform as Senior DoD Architecture and lead the maturation and growth of the DOD portfolio of projects and initiatives in the Trusted Interoperable Systems and Architecture Division (TISAD) of the Information and Communications Laboratory at GTRI. We are searching for a principal engineer with a PhD in Information Technology or System Engineering and 20+ years of experience with DOD systems, programs, architectures, and interoperability standards; modeling, simulation, experimentation, and analytics; military networks; data standards and initiatives related to joint and multi-domain operations; and significant management, technical leadership, and DOD sponsor engagement experience. The candidate would initially support existing TISA DOD projects with Joint Staff (J6) and work directly with division leadership to develop and support new strategic research programs to grow TISA’s DOD research portfolio. Technical interests of the candidate should be closely in line with integration of information and communications systems concepts into a broad range of DoD and Government systems. Furthermore, technical awareness of advanced information, data science, and enterprise architecture research topics (including multi-domain operations, federations, trust, data interoperability and analytics) as well as Test and Evaluation of such systems is necessary.
The candidate will need to be able to work closely with sponsors and stakeholders to identify innovative avenues of research, gain support for this research, and successfully lead engineers and students to achieve research milestones and meet customer deliverables. The candidate must be able to communicate complex technical material clearly to a wide variety of audiences including academia, conference proceedings, management, business development leads, prospective customers and existing customers. A knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) programs is necessary.
The candidate will operate out of the D.C. and Norfolk VA areas. Travel will be required in presenting research, developing business, meeting with customers and demonstrating applied solutions.
- Technical focus and interest in the area of advanced information, architecture, and systems engineering research.
- Collaborate with multiple technical teams both internal and external to the organization to promote research.
- Work with Principal Investigators, Division Leadership, and other GTRI leaders to ensure appropriate staffing to successfully complete project objectives.
- Provide leadership to execute and grow the TISAD DOD portfolio of projects. In coordination with division leadership, build customer relations, identify BD opportunities, coordinate communications, build proposal teams.
- Knowledge of and experience with Government and DoD key customers.
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate
- A Doctoral degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering or similar technical discipline and twenty (20) years of relevant full-time experience. and four (4) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 20+ years of experience in systems engineering, data architecture and information management, interoperability, modeling and simulation -- especially in areas of DOD and Government Systems, Networks, and Multi-Domain Operations
- Demonstrated technical accomplishments
- Demonstrated management and business development experience Demonstrated capabilities in leading teams of researchers
- Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) and Government systems and programs.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume