GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment and rapidly improve your technical and leadership skills. The program allows you to alternate three semesters of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school.
Information Systems Department (ISD) co-op students work in a collaborative environment managing the IT test infrastructure and helpdesk support. ISD provides cybersecurity support to GTRI labs and assists IT administrators in securing systems. Students will be exposed to Windows, Linux, virtualization, scripting, server infrastructure, and industry security toolsets.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, or a related field
• 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
• Must be eligible to be approved by your college/university to participate in a co-op program and register for co-op credit with your university during work terms. The first work term will begin in May 2021
• Must be able to complete at least three full-time co-op terms (alternating three terms of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school) prior to graduation
• Be interested in learning IT operations (including but not limited to system administration/deployment, networking, software troubleshooting, and security)
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems, various types of computer hardware, and networking
• A passion for technology, and a desire to grow as an IT security professional
• Task/team leadership experience
• Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
• Familiarity with Windows, Linux, and open source tools
• Configuration management tools
• Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.