Electronic Warfare Mission Data Engineer - Nellis AFB, NV -- ELSYS
Categories: Aerospace, Aircraft, Algorithm Development, Antenna, Avionics, Countermeasures, Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, Radar, RF, Testing, Threat Systems
The Electronic Warfare (EW) Mission Data Engineer in the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Air National Guard Program Office (ANGPO) conducts electronic warfare (EW) research, software development, test & evaluation engineering for electronic countermeasures technologies which support a variety of military aviation platforms. The EW Mission Data Engineer will support the primary sponsor at the Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada location.
- Perform EW research, software design, software development, and Mission Data (MD) testing in the laboratory and field environments
- Research, design, and employ feedback for desired EW system operations through direct interaction with EW system engineers, threat experts, operational testers, and operational warfighters
- Code, compile, and de-bug MD software
- Develop and execute test plans, MD testing, and document test results within the Hardware in the Loop (HITL) laboratory
- Collaborate with system software stakeholders including GTRI researchers, US Government representatives/engineers, and other
- Provide System Engineering and Program Management support
- Perform other duties as assigned
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Software, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Avionics, or related field.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist II
- A Master’s degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Software, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Avionics, or related field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Software, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Avionics, or related field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Software, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Avionics, or related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with Python, scripting languages, and use of databases
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages and use of databases
- 3+ years of experience in electronic warfare systems or related field
- Experience with surface-to-air and air-to-air threat systems
- Experience with aircraft mission data in the military or government
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume