Radio Frequency Photonic Engineering Student Assistant -Fall 2021- EOSL
Type: Students: Undergraduate Student Asst. (SA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Electro-Optical Systems Laboratory (EOSL) seeks Student Assistants (SA) for the fall 2021 semester. The students in this position will contribute to GTRI’s work in radio frequency (RF) photonic systems. They will perform theoretical or experimental research that will advance the technology readiness level of high-impact applications. Projects will span tasks such as system requirements development, RF photonic theory, millimeter-wave design and analysis, integrated circuit design and fabrication, and advanced communication networks and theory.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any field in Engineering and Sciences.
• Must be registered for at least 6 credit hours with your university during working semesters
• 2.0 or higher GPA
• Experience in RF/optical test equipment (spectrum analyzers, power meters, and signal analyzers) to verify designs and performance in laboratory environments.
• Strong foundation in electromagnetics, signal processing, and device physics.
• Software engineering and simulation skills. Experience in MATLAB, Python, LabView, and simulation or design environments such as Lumerical and Cadence.
• Fluency in prototyping skills such as circuit board design and mechanical design
• The ability to independently learn new skills, complete tasks, and pro-actively communicate progress.
Hours per Week
10-20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume