GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment and rapidly improve your technical and leadership skills. The program allows you to alternate three semesters of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school.
The CIPHER (Cybersecurity, Information Protection, and Hardware Evaluation) Laboratory is a leader in developing the technologies that secure, defend, and respond to threats within our country’s information, distribution, and network systems at GTRI. CIPHER provides high-impact solutions to some of today’s most challenging cybersecurity problems for both government and industry, while also developing far-reaching high-risk high-payoff cyber technologies to respond to future threats. Research areas include cyber threats and countermeasures, secure multi-level information sharing, resilient command and control network architectures, reverse engineering, information operations and exploitation, quantum computing, and sensing, and data analytics.
The CIPHER-IT division is looking for co-ops starting Fall 2021 semester. These students will be members of our IT Operations support team utilizing our Service Desk to serve our customers in CIPHER. Students working for us will resolve support requests, which consists of maintaining and securing Windows, Linux, and MacOS systems for advanced engineers and developers. Students will also gain experience with networking, application/machine virtualization, and programming/scripting.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
• 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
• Must be eligible to be approved by your college/university to participate in a co-op program and register for co-op credit with your university during work terms
• Must be able to complete at least three full-time co-op terms (alternating three terms of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school) prior to graduation
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Strong interests in learning Information Technology Operations
• Basic level knowledge of computer hardware and various operating systems
• Desire to grow as a future IT professional
• Ability to collaborate, communicate effectively, and work as a team with others
• Task/team leadership experience
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.