GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment and rapidly improve your technical and leadership skills. The program allows you to alternate three semesters of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school.
Georgia Tech Research Institute's Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) seeks a co-op or an intern to join our RF Systems Branch for fall 2021. Students will assist Research Engineers in various RF system engineering tasks. Students should be interested in learning about RF and mixed-signal simulations, design, integration, and testing.
Due to the nature of the work at GTRI, job duties will depend upon contract and sponsor needs. Students could participate in the following projects/tasks:
• Perform 3D EM modeling and RF/Analog circuit simulations
• Testing and characterization of RF, Analog, and Digital components and systems
• Analyzing measured test data
• Developing and executing automated test scripts
• Generating schematics and PCB layout
• Assist engineers with creating supporting technical documentation
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
• Must be eligible to be approved by your college/university to participate in a co-op program and register for co-op credit with your university during work terms. Starts fall 2021
• Must be able to complete at least three full-time co-op terms (alternating three terms of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school) prior to graduation
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
• Knowledge of RF, Analog, and Digital circuit simulation, design, and test
• Experience with various lab instrumentation including: Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope
• Familiarity with any of the following software tools: Altium Designer, NI LabVIEW, Keysight ADS/SystemVue, ANSYS HFSS, Cadence, CST Studio
• Knowledge of PCB schematic capture, layout, and fabrication process
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications and tools
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.