Data Services Developer-ICL
Type: Researchers, Researchers: Contract
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Information Technology, Other
ICL’s Trusted and Interoperable Systems and Architecture Division is looking for a software developer with 3+ years of experience architecting and building enterprise-class data services (web service interfaces and APIs) with a strong background in databases (relational, non-relational). The ideal candidate would have an MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and would like to work in a cutting-edge research software development environment.
The project is based in the Centergy Building at 75 Fifth Street NW Atlanta, on the Georgia Tech campus.
The primary work assignment would be as a data services developer for Government projects serving the Justice, Public Safety, Health, and DOD Command and Control (C2) communities. Projects focus on secure sharing of information between state, local, and federal agency information systems, focusing on standards development and information sharing systems and tools. Each agency we work with is autonomous and has a unique architecture and legacy infrastructure. GTRI serves as the principal architect and integrator and provides technical guidance to numerous agencies and contractors.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field- and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience architecting and building enterprise-class data services (web service interfaces and APIs) with a strong background in databases (relational, non-relational)
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and Web Services (OpenAPI, RAML, SOAP, WSDL, Postman, Swagger, JSON, XML)
- Experience with at least one modern SQL database (Postgres, MariaDB, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with at least one modern NoSQL database (Cassandra, MongoDB, Couch, Hbase, MarkLogic etc.)
- Demonstrated experience performing data ingestion on an enterprise-level (structured and unstructured)
- Experience with data modeling (Relational and Non-relational) in a large Enterprise-class database environment
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are necessary.
- 3+ years of MarkLogic 8/9 development and architecture experience (Entity Model, Data Hub, leveraging search APIs to build RESTful services, etc.)
- Experience with Medicaid Management Information Systems, Health IT standards, policies, and best practices is a strong plus
- Able to architect and implement MarkLogic from scratch (Data modeling as well)
- Fluent with healthcare technology standards (EDI, FHIR, CDC, OMOP, HL7)
- Advanced skills in XML technologies such as XLST, XPath, and XQuery
- Build tools: Jenkins, Maven
- Containerization solutions: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, OpenShift, Rancher
- EMC Documentum
- API Gateways, ESBs (MuleSoft, WebMethods, Apigee)
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume