AFSIM Modeling and Simulation Developer and Analyst -- EOSL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Signal Processing, Sensors/Optics
The Modeling and Simulation Engineer in the Electro-Optical Systems Laboratory will develop engagement and mission level models using the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) software to conduct analysis in support of Department of Defense (DoD) research. The position will serve as a programmer/modeler on a dynamic team supporting multiple projects designing, developing, testing, and using mission and engagement-level models to analyze joint warfighting operations.
- Develop and execute mission and engagement-level representations and databases in the AFSIM simulation environment.
- Employ models, and advanced analytical, mathematical, or statistical techniques to analyze the outcomes of US, allied, and adversary forces executing warfighting concepts of operation
- Identify capability and/or capacity gaps, and make recommendations on ways to reduce/eliminate capacity gaps based on additional modeling and analysis
- Advise operations research analysts, scientists, or engineers on techniques best suited for tasked problems, to include the best way to calibrate campaign-level models to represent the effects determined through mission and engagement-level modeling
- Support pre and post-simulation analysis using AFSIM, MLAB, Python and other appropriate tools
- Employ in-depth knowledge of modeling/Operations Research techniques to inform a variety of analyses and studies
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or a related technical degree field.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or a related technical degree field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or a related technical degree field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or a related technical degree field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience in developing models with Modeling tools (such as AFSIM, SPAM, TMAP models, Brawler, Suppressor) or related development languages
- Experience modeling advanced military weapon systems and threat environments
- Experience applying statistical analysis techniques to interpret simulation results
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or a related technical degree field
- Experience with modeling with AFSIM software
- Experience using MATLAB and/or Python
- Experience with theater Operations Plans (OPLANs) and/or Defense Planning Scenarios
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume