Advanced Warfighting Technologies Division-GRA- Fall 2021 - ACL
Type: Students: Graduate Research Asst. (GRA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
GTRI's Advanced Warfighting Technologies Division in the Advanced Concepts Laboratory seeks qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Research Assistant for the fall 2021 semester. The role of this position is to support various levels of the research and design process based upon their motivation, experience, and capabilities; which include, but are not limited to:
• Ideation and development of cutting-edge warfighting capabilities and/or countermeasures
• Electrical and Mechanical design as warranted by the task/mission
• Experimental design and optimization
• The gathering and processing of experimental data
• Document and present individual and/or group research results
• Software development
• Other mission supporting tasks as required
The Advanced Warfighting Technologies Division provides world-class, forward-looking thought leadership and turn-key, best-of-class warfighting technologies focused on countering weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) and changing the future of ground maneuver warfare for the U.S. Government and other sponsors.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Graduate Research Assistant
• Pursuing an on-campus Master’s degree or Ph.D. at Georgia Tech in any Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a Physics related discipline
• Must be enrolled full-time (12+ credit hours)
• Commit to 15-20 hours of work per week
• 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
• Self-motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to a non-technical audience
• Experience with at least one programming or scripting language
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Hold an active security clearance or have held an active security clearance within the past 2 years
Hours per Week
15–20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume