Secure Computing Student Assistant-Summer 2021- Special Secure Computing Division
Type: Students: Undergraduate Student Asst. (SA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Special Secure Computing Division (S2CD) seeks Student Assistants (SA) starting the summer 2021 semester. SA working in the S2CD of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) are expected to perform complex deployment and support tasks in support of multiple secure IT efforts. Daily duties include, but are not limited to, staging infrastructure and workstation hardware, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guidelines or other hardening, performing system scans using automated or manual tools, designing or building customized hardware and software solutions, and performing system documentation under RMF.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Student Assistant/Research Assistant
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Information Assurance, or related field.
- Must be registered for at least 6 credit hours with your university
- 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Experience with Cybersecurity, specifically systems under the Risk Management Framework
- Active security clearance
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Windows system administration, Group Policy Objects
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
Hours per Week
10–20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume