The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Systems Engineering Research Division (SERD) seeks Graduate Research Assistants who are well-versed in systems engineering and strategic decision support for a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) position in the Methods and Analysis Development Branch (MADB) for fall 2021.
RESEARCH SYSTEMS ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Developing quantitative decision support models
• Including developing mathematical models to generate and assess alternatives
• Including implementation of executable decision support frameworks with tailored visualizations
• Including supporting sponsor decision-making activities
• Collaborate with other researchers on the above tasks
• Designing, implementing, and executing automated tests, both unit and integration tests, to verify framework functionality.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Graduate Research Assistant
• Pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD at Georgia Tech in an engineering or scientific field (e.g., Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.)
• Must be enrolled full-time (12+ credit hours)
• Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA
• Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
• Experience with some decision analysis methods, tools, and/or concepts (e.g., TOPSIS, QFD, Pareto Frontier, Value Analysis, Utility Theory, Pairwise Comparison, Design of Experiments, Surrogate Modeling)
• Experience with a configuration management system (more specifically Git)
• Experience working on an engineering team, including software development
• Experience with Python and the Jupyter ecosystem (using notebooks and making widgets)
• Experience with the Atlassian software development support tool stack (e.g. JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence, Bamboo)
• Active in the open source community (e.g., GitHub, BitBucket, Stack Overflow)
• Familiarity with Linux and open source tools
• Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
Hours per Week
20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.