Software Developer (C++) - ASL
Location: Huntsville, AL
Categories: Embedded Systems, Networking, Software Development/Design
The Applied Systems Laboratory (ASL) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is seeking an entry-level or mid-level Software Developer (C++) with some experience in software development of large C++ applications to fill a need in the Systems Development Branch of the Air and Missile Defense Systems Division. The qualified applicant will become a small Agile team member supporting an established program for Army Air and Missile Defense. Located in Huntsville, Alabama, ASL conducts world-class applied research in system modeling, simulation, analysis, testing, evaluation, and software development to support the government sponsors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for activities including but not limited to:
- Develop/design software requirements for existing and future products
- Implement software designs and requirements into current and future products
- Report development status and results to Project Director and lead developer
- Regularly work with customers, users, and team members during the product life cycle to facilitate a quality product
- Comply with documented software processes
- Provide engineering support for developed products
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree with a graduation date of May 2021 and skills relevant to this position will be considered
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with software development in a Linux environment
- Experience with C++
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work on individual assignments
- The candidate must be self-motivated, possess communication skills, and be capable of working in a multi-tasking team environment
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with Atlassian suite: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Experience with software development life cycle models such as Agile
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, REST, and other network communication protocols
- Familiarity with Data Distribution Service (DDS) and Interface Definition Language (IDL) highly desired
- Extensive experience (minimum 3 years) with C++ and familiarity with C++11
- Experience with Python
- Hands-on software troubleshooting and testing of military and/or networking applications
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume