Software Engineer -- EOSL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development
The Software Engineer in the Opto-Analysis, Algorithms, and Software (OAAS) Branch will provide software development expertise to conceptualize, exploit, analyze, build, and test electro-optical systems to meet customer requirements and internal research goals. The job provides opportunities to develop advanced technology and publish research in the areas of Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition, and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) sensor systems in both passive and active sensing modalities. Our team designs, builds, and tests the hardware in the entire imaging chain. Key technical areas include Hyperspectral and Multispectral Imaging Processing; EO System and Component Analysis and Characterization; Optical Imaging and Tagging; and Airborne Lidar System Design, Construction, and Operation for real-time topography, FOPEN, Bathymetry, and Computer Vision- and Visual Augmentation System-based data processing.
- Contribute to key technical efforts in the analysis, construction, and design of optical systems for remote sensing applications
- Document work in memoranda, sponsor briefs, conference proceedings, and journal articles. Brief senior leadership and sponsors as required
- Support field integration, data collection, and other testing activities at test sites and facilities
- Participate in new business development efforts by contributing to white papers, Request for Information (RFI)/Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, and sponsor briefs, and by proposing new research areas suitable for internal research and development (IR&D) funding
- Perform other duties as assigned
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with implementing algorithms in C/C++, C#, Visual Studio, Unity
- Experience with Graphical User Interface (GUI) development
- Experience with computer architecture and high throughput system design
- Experience with development of augmented reality devices
- Experience with 1 or more operating systems including CMake, Linux - Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Experience with open source software tools
- Experience programming/scripting in Matlab and/or Python
- Experience with Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) programming
- Experience in Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM) software development
- Experience with digital signal processing (image processing especially)
- Experience with point cloud processing
- Experience with LIDAR, RADAR, Hyperspectral Imagers, EO/IR cameras, including an in-depth understanding of the physics involved in their operation
- Experience utilizing multi-sensor fusion techniques
- Advanced linear algebra, numerical methods, probability & statistics, and optimization mathematical skills
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume