Location: Huntsville, AL
Categories: Algorithm Development, Data Analytics/Science, Software Development/Design
The Applied Systems Laboratory (ASL) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is seeking an experienced Software Developer to fill a position for the Data Analytics Branch within the Air and Missile Defense Systems Division. The successful candidate will work in a team environment with Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS) software developers and system analysts to develop software for Missile Defense Agency (MDA) flight, ground, and digital test performance evaluation and BMDS capability assessment. Located in Huntsville, Alabama, ASL conducts world-class applied research in system modeling, simulation, analysis, testing, evaluation, and software development to support the government sponsors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for activities including but not limited to:
- Provide software development support for integration of new or upgraded data analysis capabilities into the Modular Analysis and
Reporting Suite (MARS) software.
- Provide technical expertise for Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processing, data analysis, and data visualization of BMDS flight,
ground, and digital test event data for system performance evaluation.
- Collaborate with system analysts to elaborate concepts, define requirements, develop prototypes, and solicit feedback.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 3-7 years prior experience in software development
- Experience in software development methodologies and structured approaches to software development
- Experience in development/analysis of DoD systems, architectures, or technologies
- Experience in data-processing (ETL), data-mining, or data analytics techniques
- Experience in design, development, and testing software using various languages to include:
- .NET software development with Microsoft Visual Studio
- C# Windows applications
- SQL Server (query development and optimization)
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working in a classified environment
- Use of Agile Development Practices
- Experience using Tableau for data visualization and analysis
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume