RF Communications Systems Analyst (RxI) - CIPHER
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Other, RF
GTRI/CIPHER Embedded Systems Vulnerability Division seeks a highly motivated individual with 1-10 years of work experience to support assessment of domestic and foreign RF communications technology, systems and components. The candidate will be required to reverse engineer RF communications devices at the system level and the circuit board level to produce functional block diagrams, and to perform tests to characterize RF performance such as sensitivity, spurious response, bit error rate testing, transmit power level, and frequency hop transmitter characteristics in addition to many others.
The candidate may also be tasked to instrument circuit boards to support tests on internal circuits. The candidate will be expected to support sponsor briefings and prepare technical deliverables.
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program relevant to this position will be considered
- Ability to earn a Master’s degree within five years of employment
- Experience with performance characterization and testing of RF communications systems
- Knowledge of radio system design at the functional block diagram level and the component level
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to follow Georgia Tech policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the design and/or performance testing of frequency hop communications systems
- Experience with the design and/or testing of embedded circuit boards, particularly for communications systems
- Test and instrumentation experience including soldering, use of JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience developing and building custom interfaces to support electronics testing
- Experience working with a variety of communication systems such as HF, VHF, microwave, SATCOM, etc. Experience with military systems is preferred.
- Experience with RF countermeasure testing against threat communication systems
- Familiarity with communication protocols used in RF communications systems
- Experience working with the U.S. government, including the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume