Software Engineer - CIPHER
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, Networking, Data Analytics/Science
The Software Engineer will work closely with researchers to produce high quality software systems and tools to solve cybersecurity and/or intelligence analysis problems. These systems will work with very large datasets, require careful software design, and incorporate state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and other data analysis algorithms.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with at least two of the following: Java, Python, C languages,
- Thorough understanding of software development & design patterns and best practices
- Familiarity with software development tools and workflows, including source control (e.g., git),
- Experience with network analysis and/or security best practices and the network stack
- Understanding of cybersecurity issues and/or intelligence analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Machine Learning tools and techniques
- Experience designing non-trivial software tools, systems, and frameworks
- Experience analyzing large datasets and adapting state-of-the-art algorithms/techniques
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume