Senior/Principal Operational Capabilities Analyst - ACL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aeronautics, Antenna, System Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Embedded Systems, Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, Lidar, Machine Learning, Military Vehicles, Modeling/Simulation, Project/Program Management, Radar, Robotics/Automated Systems, Sensors Integration, Signal Processing, System Engineering, Testing, Aerospace, Countermeasures, IR, Missile Warning Systems, Aircraft, Avionics, Sensors/Optics, Autonomous Systems, Data Analytics/Science, ISR & Tactical Systems, Threat Systems
GTRI’s Signals and Systems Division (SASD) in the Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL) seeks qualified candidates for the position of a Senior/Principal Level Operations Analyst within the Operational Capabilities Branch (OCB). This position involves applying operations research and analysis techniques to solve challenging real-world problems related to national defense. SASD engages in research in advanced threat analysis, operational employment concepts, advanced EM spectrum management, test and evaluation, and knowledge management primarily through the application of modeling and simulation.
The Operations Analyst will provide subject matter expertise on current and future threat system, the US and allied weapon systems, tactics, and potential use concepts leveraging emerging civilian and military technology. The successful candidate will manage projects and programs to meet objectives, working with sponsors, engineers, and GTRI management to achieve success. They will also participate in sponsor engagement efforts to identify potential opportunities, develop proposals, and manage business lines.
The Operational Capabilities Branch (OCB) research engineers and scientists work on a variety of tasks, varying from project to project and depending on the individual's skills and interests. Opportunity is provided to grow through learning experiences at work. The types of tasks include:
- Analysis of alternatives
- Systems of systems interactions evaluation
- Systems performance evaluation
- Requirements analysis
- Risk assessments
- Trade space exploration
- Evaluation of test results
- System performance prediction
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate
- A Master’s degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, or related fields and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, or related fields and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, or related fields and four (4) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate
- A Master’s degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, or related fields and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience, or
- A Doctoral degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, or related fields and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Operational experience flying USAF, USN, or USMC tactical aircraft
- Weapons School graduate or Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to convey highly technical material in a clear, concise manner to a non-technical audience.
- Experience managing multifaceted projects from startup to closeout, including scheduling, budgeting, and resource planning.
- Thorough understanding of the DoD acquisition and contracting process.
- Ability to act in varied roles as both a technical resource and in leadership positions
- TS/SCI clearance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience writing successful proposals as part of a cross-functional team
- Test Pilot School Graduate
- Operational or Developmental Flight Test experience
- Preference for candidates with a PhD
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume